A82: Assembly Stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Assembly Stuff

Hello Guys,
	I don't know ... maybe some of you guys heard about me w/the 83
and 86?  Anyway, I just got me an 82, and I want to convert some games
over... here are a few issues, not programming questions, just opinion
related questions...

1.  Which shell to program for?  Ash or Crash?  I like Crash's look
better, but if I program Crash, will less people play the games?

2.  What games should I port over?  Here are some ideas I have...
	- DuckHunt [I ported to 86, so shouldn't be a problem]
	- A BETTER Lunar Lander, I know my LL2 for the 83/6 sucked, and
	someone ported it to 82... although they didn't identify
theirselves, I would 	seriously 	want to thank the
porter... because whoever did it, ported the 	sprite routine and
other stuff, which will make my job a heck of a lot easier.
	- Dasher - I really want to port this one... a game by me and
Andy_S where 	you collect all the gems before the time runs out...
	-Archery - A simple asm game I made for the 86 ... nothing too
major...
	-Calender - Exactly what the name says, kinda like the 85
version.
	-and more!!!  But - I do need SOME help .. not that much ASM Wise
[I'll ask 	any ASM Questions on the list as well] but some other
stuff, read on...

3.  Ok, fine .. I do have a question in mind... Does the tasm commands
for the 82 compress the program like the 83/6?  I am kinda curious to
that :P

4.  I need suggestions, ideas, input, whatever!   And most of all, help
.... read #6...

5.  For curiosity's sake...  WHY does Columns crash with the CrCrash
add-on ... I know it says it crashes in the read me file.. but I am
curious as to why....

6.  Ok, I HAD net access for the past month or so, but unfortunatley,
last week, I lost my net access when I made my dad upset... so until I
get it back, I will have to use JUNO ... but I don't want to quit my ASM,
therefore,  I need some people to help with the  following:

1.  I need the DuckHunt 83 source [If you guys want DuckHunt 82 by Monday
:]  Whoever sends it, please don't attach it, JUNO doesn't take
attachments.. just paste it in an email [to my address, no reason to
flood the list]
2.  I need someone whom I can trust to post my games... of course, JUNO
doesn't do attachments, so to this person I will send the source, they
will have to compile it, attach the readme, zip it, and put it on
ticalc... I'll probably release most of my source codes if not all....
3.  If anyone can do this, I would really appreciate if someone would
send me the latest 82asm files... this will help me a lot with different
things [such as new routines, etc]... if you want to send me some files,
you can uue encode an 82p or 82g file in the Ti-82 Graphlink software...
then open it in notepad, and copy ALL of it, and save it in an email and
send it... that is the only way i can recieve files, unless you paste the
source to some program, which would be also really cool :P

And guys, if you can't do this and know someone who doesn't program and
just games all the time, just tell them.. the ppl that bug you for games
will leave you alone and help me out :P  And btw.. I am serious about
EVERYTHING in this email.. i will convert all these games, or as many as
I can... and I will give it my best shot [depending on when I get the
DuckHunt 83 source], to release DuckHunt Monday..

Thanks to everyone on this list in advance.
					-Ahmed

Ahmed El-Helw
http://asm86.home.ml.org
asm86@juno.com [Temporarily]
ICQ UIN : 3350394 [When I re-get my net connection]
Ahmed_ on IRC #ti [When I re-get my net connection]