Re: A82: Calc Broken??? Games Cancelled/Delayed???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Calc Broken??? Games Cancelled/Delayed???

>	On Saturday, I started to work at fixing a bug in the highscores
>table in Galaxian 82. The game asks for you to enter your name. Instead
>of then displaying the highscores table, it exits to the CrASH
>homescreen. Then after exiting CrASH, an invalid dim error was displayed
>and my calculator immediately crashed. When I took the batteries out and
>put them back in, all I got when I turned the calc on was a black screen.
>None of the buttons have any effect. I took out and reinserted the
>lithium battery to no avail. I think my calculator maybe broken for good.
>If anyone else has ever gotten a problem where the screen is dark and
>none of the buttons work, then please post or email me how you fixed your
>calc. If no one has ever caused their calc to permanently lock up, then I
>may be the first person to find a bug that will permanently disable a
>calculator.  I have yet to call the ti helpline. It may be a very long
>time before I will have constant and immediate access to a calculator.

This is rare but still possible on an 82.  This problem is actually
quite frequent on the 83.  Anyways, what you need to do is remove all
batteries (including lithium) for about 1 hour.  That should fix it.  It
won't even do this if you repeat the same thing when you fix it.  It's
totally random, except that some sort of crash must trigger it.

-- Barubary