Re: A82: Solytare for the 82

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Solytare for the 82

> The display on the 82 is slower than it is on the 85 (which i
> orginally programmed it for) and flickered badly so i had to add in
> some halt instructions in the main loop of the game and this made it
> where i had to increase the rate the cursor moved.  and, i could not
> have kept the size of the card the same.  the display width of the 82
> is 96 pixels.  the cards on the 85/6 version are 16 pixels wide.  16
> pixels * 7 rows of cards = 112.  112 is > 96.  don't blame that on me.
> and '10' is too wide to fit on the card in the given amount of pixels
> i had to use.  You cannot put the suit picture in the middle of the
> card since it will not be able to be seen when it is below another
> card.  BTW, if you don't like it, i am not going to force you to play
> it.  If you think it sucks so badly, please don't play.  I am *sure*
> that you can make your own, better solitaire game.  I don't even own
> an 82.  i just thought that some people might enjoy the game if i
> converted it to the 82.  sorry if this game is not up to your
> standards.  (and i know that i replied to both people's messages in
> this one.)
>
> -mike pearce
> mgp4007@omega.uta.edu

ok, Mr. Pearce, i have nothing against you, i've enjoyed playing solytare
for both the 85 and 86, and they are both great versions.  i just thought
if you took the time to make it use ALL of the screen, instead of
shrinking the cards, it would've been better.  i do unsderstand why u have
the suit at the corner, though.
i apologize for the stinging nature of
the last email, but i was in a bad mood that day, and i shouldn't have
taken it out on you or your game. sorry.

maybe if you made it for Ccccc, the flicker would be less visible.

and to kill two birds with one stone---, Adamman-- are you going to add 2
player capability to SameGame (action mode, # of blocks cleared-1=# sent)?
that'd be pretty cool.