Re: A82: A little programming help needed!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 08 Jan 1998 23:23:59 -0600, you wrote:

>Well, how often are you clearing the screen? Cause that will lighten it
>:) And during loops that get/wait for key presses, use a couple halt
>commands there. Do NOT use halts during the screen display stuff, only
>the loops. GET_KEY and I think KEY_HAND make the screen dim quite a bit
>if 'called' over and over again in a loop.
>--

i am using the graph mem as a virtual screen and any time the cursor
moves (i am porting solytare, maybe you've played it or seen it) i
copy the entire virtual screen (every time though the main loop).  i
tried taking the GET_KEY out of the loop entirely, thinking that it
was causing the problem (i read keys directly from the port), but it
made hardly any difference :( .  I guess i will just have to use
halts.

-mike pearce
mgp4007@omega.uta.edu

Follow-Ups: References: