A82: TI-82 Silent Link server

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: TI-82 Silent Link server

Hi,

I am developing a link software (all cables, all 8x models) and if someone developed a silent link server for the 82 I would support it and you would save everyone the trouble pushing buttons for transfers.

In a silent link server on the 82, it's easy to get free memory, contents and variables.
As I see it, the trouble is incorporating a received variable onto the calculator.
It's not easy but probably easiest to use TI's own routines for send/receive, which would have to be found in ROM for all versions. (Maybe Dines has already?)

I'm thinking of a design like this:
  * Wait for link activity
  * Receive silent link command
    - Request contents and free memory
    - Send variable(s)
    - Receive variable(s)
  * Loop

Maybe it could be written interrupt-driven like I suppose it is on 83/86?

                     -/- David Eriksson -/-

2 G o o D   P r o d u c t i o n s  ->  http://www.2goodsoft.com/