Re: A82: Game idea (roms, basically)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 23:07:24 EST ADAMMAN106 <ADAMMAN106@aol.com> writes:

>> I found an NES emulator at yahoo (search under "NES roms")
>>  (it is illeagal to download the rom without having ownership of the
>catrige
>>  so....)
>>  there are plenty of games just waiting to be ported on these
>sites..
>> download
>>  some games...
>
>There's lots of 'em out there.  I have a SNES emu.
>
>~Adamman

i have basically every emu and roms there is out there (i need something
faster to run a good snes emu w/ sound), and of course, there's plenty of
games to port over, but i think that graphics-wise, we're limited to the
nes/gameboy/gamegear/sega master machine and any early computers, like
the trs-80 and the C64.  otherwise, we have to tone down the grafx a
whole lot.

as to legal matters, some sites say that you must own the original
cartridge to dl them, others say that if you don't, then you must remove
it from your HD w/in 24 hours (gee... doesn't warez state that too?)
(they don't say about zip drives though, hehe), and others state that
it's illegal anyway, so i guess it just doesn't matter. here's a good
site for nes roms:
		http://www.sibertech.com/ajik/roms.html
it has a lot of nes roms, so start sucking some bandwidth.  i believe
there's a nes disassembler somewhere out there...

-Greg

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: