A82: Dr. Mario Update

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Dr. Mario Update

If you care, read on....If not, read on anyway

Dr. Mario Update; 2-25-98, 10:59.03 PM EST
Well, I have made great progress, so I decided to let you all know about it
(these updates will be not at all regular, so no flames please).
At last update, I had finished the screen refresher, some sprites and that was
about it.  It could display stuff but nothing happened.
Now, I have all the movement (down always and down, right, left as instructed
by the user), rotation, elimination if 4 in a row, and more optimizations than
you can shake a stick at!
Since nobody guessed it (or even tried), I'll tell you my "secret" project,
used in Dr. Mario: a grayscale engine.  By using "turboing", it is very easy
to make quality grayscale.  But remember, this is my idea, thought of at about
6PM on 11-7-97 (if you are curious on how I know that, email me; it's an
interesting story {my opinion :-) } )
Anyway, I'm probably boring all of you right now, but I should be done within
a week.
Cyas,

~Adamman

P.S. If anyone with an 18.0 calculator (EXCEPT Thomas J. Hruska or anyone who
has already tested for me) would like to beta test the grayscale routine for
me, drop me a line, I'm going for final revisions!!! :-)