Re: A82: Suggestions please.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Suggestions please.

In a message dated 19/02/98 16:39:48 GMT, you write:

<< These is supposedly a project to emulate all of the TI-calcs, but I
 have seen no proof or results of the project except for a web page
 that hasn't been updated in months.  The fact that you have an almost
 working emulator is great.  now people who don't have a graphlink or
 other kind of cable can write programs and test them.  Hopefully this
 will add to the number of 82 asm programmers.
 Just wondering, is the emu a DOS/win3.1 or win95 prog? >>

It's a DOS program - it isn't really an emulator at the hardware level -
virtually none of the hardware is emulated except the display & the
keyboard (and that in a limited fashion). At present it just maps
MODE/DEL and the cursor keys onto CTRL/ALT & the cursor keys.
It is designed as a Dev tool rather than a strict emulator.

However, it is no big deal to emulate the rest of the keyboard
properly as its basically the same design as the Speccy... could
nick the code.

It's quite happy under everything except NT. However, the difficult
bit of it (the Z80) is 98%+ accurate. It was written for a
Speccy & ZX81 emulator & checked against all the notorious
wierd cases.

I get the impression that most coders don't hit the hardware, (with
the possible exception of the Keyboard Matrix), so an O/S level
emulation should be ok. Is this correct ? Is there a need to emulate
the interrupts as well ?

If anyone is interested there is a *very* early version at
http://users.aol.com/autismuk/tev.zip (might be members.aol.com ?)
which has some early sprite/font libraries as well. All suggestions
are welcome. It has only been tested on v19 of the TI82 (I only have
one).

Paul Robson (autismuk@aol.com)