Re: A82: The Truth on BreakDance

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: The Truth on BreakDance

> Hello.  I was the one who made BreakDance.  I have just finished reading
>  the threads of messages about my game (most of them on grammar- I
>  thought this list was about calcs).  Anyways, this game may and probably
>  will be a little shaky.  I do not program for the 82, I am only doing it
>  because I was asked to make it for the 82 also and will probably never
>  again.
>  The only really valid issue I wish to address it the whole
>  crash/interrupt thing.  YES the interrupt code used in BreakDance is
>  identical as the one used in the Interrupt Demo, except of course for
>  the code of the interruptr itself.  I am not aware of problems with
>  these routines.  If anyone knows of a problem and knows how to fix it,
>  contact me at spot85@hotmail.com, for I will probably not see a message
>  sent to the mailing list.
>  You will always be able to find the most recent info about BreakDance at
>  http://user.mc.net/~spot/
>  Thank You.

well, at the very beginning where the ints are set up looks like this:

GreyScaleOn:
    LD HL,$8300
    LD DE,$8301
    LD BC,256
    LD (HL),$85
    LDIR

    LD HL,IntProcStart       ; Get pointer to interrupt rutine
    LD DE,$8585              ; Start of int rutine, and length of it
    LD BC,IntProcEnd-IntProcStart+1
    LDIR

    XOR A                    ; Init vars
    LD (Counter),A

    LD A,$83	             ; Point to the new table
    LD I,A
    IM 2
    RET

You should change it to this:

GreyScaleOn:
    LD HL,$8400
    LD DE,$8401
    LD BC,256
    LD (HL),$83
    LDIR

    LD HL,IntProcStart       ; Get pointer to interrupt rutine
    LD DE,$8383              ; Start of int rutine, and length of it
    LD BC,IntProcEnd-IntProcStart+1
    LDIR

    XOR A                    ; Init vars
    LD (Counter),A

    LD A,$84	             ; Point to the new table
    LD I,A
    IM 2
    RET

Which changes the addresses to the int lookup table and address of the int
routine only.
Thank you,

~Adamman

P.S. I sent this to the list for anyone who ever wants to use ints (please
comment on this Hruska)