Re: A82: You asked for it.....Pong82z released!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: You asked for it.....Pong82z released!!

>Thanks to Dines I just finished porting Pong83z by Bill Nagel to the
>TI-82. It is for CrASH and is a direct port of the 83 version. I had to
>modify the pause routine a little cause it was causing problems, but it
>is all there. It is attached onto this email or get it at the TI-Philes
>soon. Email any bugs/complaints to me. I know it is hard, but live with
>it. It is better than any other 82 pong so far. I know the 2-ball mode
>is a little slow, but I can't speed it up at all.
>~Ilya

 YES! My favorite 83 game on the 82 and 3 days ahead of schedule. Pong 82Z is awesome!
1 0r 2 balls!(not that slow Ilya) Three different speeds! A good AI! Best pong I've
played on any calc. Its identical to the 83 version! Just one very small complaint(so
small I almost don't want to mention it), the controls for exiting are too awkward.
I know it common in 83 ASM for exiting to be Mode then DEL, but almost every other
82 ASM game uses CLEAR to exit. It was a smart move by the CrASH people to change
Penguins exiting from MODE then DEL to just CLEAR. MODE then DEL is just one button
too many. I know its nit picky and that small inconvenience will not keep me from
keeping it on my 82 forever, but Ilya please fix this little thing! Otherwise the
game is perfect!
     Evil Sam   _______
               l '   ' l
               l   "   l