A82: Rogue update

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Rogue update

Rogue is coming along okay. There is one routine that I'm gonna need some
help with however. What I need to do is make a random level generator.
Currently Rogue uses an 8x23 map. What I have to do is make 4-6 randomly
placed rooms, connected by corridors. Here's a diagram (best viewed in
fixed width font):

---------	---------	---------
|	|	|	|	|	|
|	 XXXXXXX 	 XXXXXXX 	|
|	|	|	|	|	|
---- ----	---- ----	---- ----
    X		    X		    X
    X		    X		    X
---- ----	---- ----	---- ----
|	|	|	|	|	|
|	 XXXXXXX 	 XXXXXXX 	|
|	|	|	|	|	|
---------	---------	---------

Of course, I don't want it to look like this. Something like this would
be better:

-----               ------                         ------
|    XXXXXXXX       |    |         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX     |
|   |       X       |     XXXXX    X               |    |
- ---       XXXXXXXX     |    X    X     --------  |    |
 X --------            X      XXXXXXXXXXX       |  ------
 X |      |        XXXXX                 |      |
 XX        XXXXXXXXX                     --------
   --------

The only problem is that I have no idea how to go about doing this. Can
anyone help me out?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]