Re: A82: Re: Nuthin much

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Re: Nuthin much

>>   Theres not really a point to this message, but since there hasn't been
>much list activity as of late, I'll inform you of my misfortune.
>>   Where to start? 3 days ago, my neighbor repossesed his 82, so I am
>calcless again. I just sent my 82 to TI for repairs. 2 days ago, I let my
>little sister use my computer amd she messed something up. I can't even turn
>it on. It gives me an invalid system file error. I bought my computer used
>and it didn't come with a boot disk so I'm screwed. The place I bought it
>from says they'll fix it by wiping the hard drive and reloading windows and
>dos for $100. This will result in my losing fully working Orzunoid v6.0
>w/On-Calc level editor, 3/4 ported Plain Jump w/fully working on-calc level
>editor, the sources to Orzunoid/Galaxian lite, and Jezzball v1.7. This
>totals about a month of irreplaceable ASM work. So now I am broke, calcless,
>computerless, programless, and exhausted from a week long 8-5 Nike golf
>camp. So how was your week? :)
>>   still in good spirits,
>>       Sam
>>
>>  "If I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all"
>>    Eddie "Mush", Bronx Tale
>>

>I must say that I haven't posted to the list in about a month since I'm
>calcless myself, but GOD, that's bad luck.

  I only wish it weren't true. But my luck just got a whole lot better. My computer and calc are still messed up, but my golf has improved thanks to the camp. And at the end of the Nike camp, they held a raffle. I won a $350 Calloway driver! I, however, can't stand Calloway clubs so I traded it to my dad in exchange for him paying for my computer to be fixed and for $100 golf shoes. Not a bad deal.

>BTW, any decent 82 releases I've missed? Calcem is getting lonely.

    I'm sure you already know about Ztetris 82 being released several times in the last week or two. That Raptor game looks cool but when I ran it on CalcEm, it ran way too fast to be any fun. I'm not sure why some games run fine on the emu and some games are really slow or really fast.

http://www.mailexcite.com