Re: A82: Orzunoid Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Orzunoid Questions

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:45:15 PDT "Evil Sam" <evil_sam@hotmail.com>
writes:

<snip>
>   Yes, this bug is in Orzunoid 85 as well. Don't know what causes it.

because the game gives up on trying to plot the ball, and puts it in that
spot....

>>2) the laser powerup screws up sometimes, Sam... if i catch one of
>those
>>WITHOUT PRESSING ANY KEYS, some bricks will disappear.
>
>     Also in the 85 version. I'm not sure what is the cause.

i say we stone Pat D... :)

<zippideedoodah>

>   First I've heard of it.

<blah>

>    Do you mean actual balls appear or is there simply a screw up in
>the
>display so that picture of a ball flashes on the screen. If this does
>happen, then it has been in all previous versions of Orzunoid and in
>the
>85 version.

it flickers, but it actually will register it as a legit hit sometimes...
(hence the zoom ball(s))  if it was in the previous versions, then i
never noticed... but as for the 85, it can't be seen because of the nice
VIDMEM displaying of the rom... **stupid ti82 display controller**

>>that's it... for now... some of the levels are a pain in the ass...
>>especially the ones with too many solids...
>    I know. The game is kind of monotonous. The only way to make the
>levels hard is to use the solid blocks. However, then in certain
>levels
>it seems like you are just trying to manipulate the ball to hit one
>solitary block.

yeah, and in the process of doing so, i got frustrated and lost like 10
lives (got them back, tho)...  i was playing it during an _assembly_ at
my school (dim lighting) for the granddaughter of Marie Curie... she's
pretty cool... (if that wasn't off-base, i don't know what is...)

>   Releasing a crash version of the game was a complete accident. I
>was
>working with CRASM trying to figure out the CrASH bug, and I simply
>forgot to change the CRASM to ASM when I compiled the game. I then
>screwed up further when I submitted an ash beta that was missing three
>levels(sorry, Rabeler). I'm releasing a new beta tonight. I have

wasn't your day, hmm?

>decided not to include negative powerups because they really are a waste
of
>space. After you figure out which ones are bad, you simply avoid them
>and 200 bytes is wasted on 6 pointless powerups. The Orzunoid beta
>released tonight will have 9-10 powerups.

excellent choice...

-Greg

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]