A82: Dr. Mario Update + dead calc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Dr. Mario Update + dead calc

Well, folks, I am sorry to say that Dr. Mario has been stalled indefinitely
until I can get a new calc.  I have no idea what happened but hey, the calc is
5 years old!  It worked just fine early yesterday, though the batteries were
very low (I think this might be the cause of the problem).  It seems to be a
hardware problem which is odd, considering it has suffered no severe blows
lately.  It also seems that the slightest movement will cause the RAM to freak
out and weird errors to happen on the calc.  When I run the selftest, if I hit
the calc on something (or simply run something along the back of it where the
stand-out text is) the calc will display "RAM FAIL" in the middle of the
screen.  This happens during the never-ending countup (which, btw, does end, I
tested it by leaving the calc on all last night :-) ).
This is very strange, and I have _NO IDEA_ what is wrong with my calc.  I have
yet to contact TI.  I will do this, though, even though the calc is about 4
years out of warranty :-).
If _ANYONE_ has a clue why this is happening, PLEASE let me know.  I might
also add that this happened when I changed the batteries, right after it
crashed from Dr. Mario (it happens often).
I greatly appreciate any help!

~Adamman