RE:RE:A82: Galaxian bug... solved?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:RE:A82: Galaxian bug... solved?

>>Display_Screen:
>
>Instead of call Display_Screen, do call CR_GRBCopy
>
>-- Barubary

   Yes, I could, but I think Patrick used that routine for a very
specific reason. I'll have to email him to be sure. If the use of the
routine isn't neccessary then I could use ROM_CALL(DISP_GRAPH) or
CR_GRBCopy and save myself around 100 bytes. But I do think the routine
is essential to the game otherwise I'm sure Patrick would have used it.
When I tried DISP_GRAPH before the game seemed to run fine, but when the
ship gets hit an extremely wierd crash occured. I'll email PD and
investigate further.
    The real question for the CrASH people is why does this routine work
in ASH and not CRASH? I could have told myself to write the routine out
with ROM_CALL(DISP_GRAPH). Another question I have is why did the bug
not used to occur when I played Orzunoid on CrASH v1.0? I have a feeling
if someone tried Galaxian on CrASH v1.0 the bug wouldn't happen.
    Sam