Re: A82: Galaxian v3.0 beta no more! (&

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Galaxian v3.0 beta no more! (&

see inside.

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998 15:11:12 PDT "Evil Sam" <evil_sam@hotmail.com>
writes:

>>you mean to tell me it was more than changing a "call" to a
>"ROM_CALL"?
>>i find that hard to believe... (for the lasers)
>
>   actually if you look closer several things were changed. The
>original
>85 version routine used de, or a, and some other stuff not used in the
>
>82 version. Also the in the 82 version hl is used.

i see, said the blind man to his deaf dog while his crippled children ran
up the stairs.

>>hey, my routine did work in the first place.... it's not my fault
>that
>>you test for the secret in TWO places (during gameplay and during
>"press
>>enter...")
>     I meant what I said as a means of giving you credit not as any
>sort
>of an insult. Your message implies anger toward me which I don't
>understand, but I thank you again anyway. The level skip code is in 2
>places unlike the 85 version because it struck me as dumb that you
>would
>need to start a level before skipping through it.

no anger intended, i just found it odd that the test was in two places.
perhaps levelskip should have been in the beginning of each level instead
of in the middle too.... doesn't matter anymore.

>>2 powerups?  did you add the one that i thought was cheap, or one
>that
>>you made up?
>
>   I'm going to the lasers powerup from the 85 Lasers Universe. I'm
>also
>going to add some spinoffs from the other powerups like 50 points,
>super
>brickthru, Catch-All, and I want to add some negative powerups like
>instant death, etc. so you have to think about which powerups you are
>collecting. As for MegaBlox they seem pretty dumb.

cool.... yes megablox is dumb.

>>releasing orzunoid on earth day.... somehow, with the storyline of
>>galaxian, i'd think a galaxian release would be better...
>       Actually I picked that day because I won't be able to program
>again till the weekend. Then I have monday and tuesday to beta test.
>And
>also because April 22 is my birthday.

really? it's my mom's too... small world.

>>AUTOFIRE CAN WORK!!  (not that i'm a fan of it...) here's how...
>>	remap the keys (again)
>>	there are -5- keys that repeat naturally on the ti8x, and
>those
>>are up, down, left, right, AND "DEL"
>>	if you change the cannon key to del, it will repeat
>naturally,
>>requiring the least amount of work...
>>just my thoughts on the matter...
>>
>    That seems extremely dumb. For one thing I am not a fan of
>autofire.
>For another thing having DEL be the fire key would be extremely
>uncomfortable given the directions keys being the movement keys.
>      Sam

perhaps i suggested it to make the cheapass autofire fans work a little
harder.... maybe to give them cramps.... that'd be cool...