A82: Galaxian bug... solved?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Galaxian bug... solved?

Umm...  I think I might've figured it out.  I KNOW this is a
bug - I just don't know what it does.  I don't even know what
the problem with running it in crash IS...  Evil Sam, could
you try this fix and see if it clears it up?

This code is simply wrong.  GRAPH_MEM is 768 bytes, not 960.
((96 * 64) / 8 = 768)  You're overwriting something in RAM,
and to be accurate I don't know what the hell you're
overwriting, but I KNOW something is glitched here: :)

  ld   hl,GRAPH_MEM
  ld   de,GRAPH_MEM+1   ; this clears the damned graph memory
  ld   bc,960
  ld   (hl),0
  ldir

Change 960 to 768 and try that.  If that doesn't fix the
problem, LEAVE IT IN.  It won't hurt to not do something that
can seriously fuck up system RAM :)

-- Barubary