Re: A82: saving hl

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: saving hl

yes you can do that, as long as you don't overwrite the location.  If you
display text on the screen, make sure that it won't alter the text me in
any way... there's a set/res for the IY that will prevent this from
happening.

i don't see why the call would alter the "pushed" value, unless you need
to recall the original value before the pointer... doesn't matter
anyway... just follow the above instructions...

-Greg

On Thu, 09 Apr 1998 12:43:00 -0500 Andrew Weiler <bweiler@wworld.com>
writes:

>In my program, I want to save the memory address hl points to and call
>it back later.  I can't use hl because in the middle of the push/pop I
>have to call a routine then return.  If I store it to a place in
>text_mem then load it back into hl later, will it still point to the
>address?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]