A82: questions from a low intermidiate level programmer

[Prev][Index][Thread]

A82: questions from a low intermidiate level programmer

O.K. I have a couple more questions and I would like to thank anybody who
could answer them.
1. If you wanted to make a scrolling screen, (like for Pocman for the 85, or
Srqxz for that matter) what would be the easiest way to do it? Could you just
make a huge string of ones and zeros stored at the end of the program and
then store a certain section of it into the graph_mem to display, using
ROM_CALL(DISP_GRAPH) or is that immpossible.
2. If I have a label like this:
highscore:
 .db 0,0
and I go like this:
 ld a, 5
 ld (highscore), a
would that change the string at highscore to
highscore:
 .db 5,0
if I go like this:
 ld a, 5
 ld (hl), highscore
 inc hl
 ld (hl), a
would that change the string at highscore to
highscore:
 .db 5,5
if I have more than one row would that still work? I.E.
highscore
 .db 0
 .db 0
Thanx,