Re: A82: Read all of this, Various MISC stuff!!!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Read all of this, Various MISC stuff!!!!!!!

>===========
>EXTRA MEM
>===========
>Would it be possible to run a program that is not stored in the calcs mem,
>could you write a program that would execute a program from say another calc
>using the link port, that way you could have some games on your buddy's calc
>and play them without deleting anything if your mem is full.
Try making a swap file on your friends calc, it could hold however much of
your RAM you needed to clear out to load (and directly run) an image of that
program.  Afterwards the contents of your memory could be automatically
replaced.  Anything run over the wires directly would be horribly slow, even
if it was just for RAM usage.

>Taking this one
>step further somebody with harware experience could build a box containing
>extra ram that could connect to the link port, enabaling you to have an
>external 'hard drive" if you pardon the terminology. This probably isn't
>possible, but it would be cool to have an extra butload of mem if you needed
>it.
More like a RAM drive, it's been done on the TI-92.  If I find the address
again  I'll post it.

>===========
>PUT SPRITE
>===========
>Jawbreaker, could you e-mail me the put_sprite routine that you ported to the
>82, I'll give you credit if I use it in any program (I am thinking of making
>Galaga).
>===========
>DATES
>===========
>How much longer on the following
>SQRZ
>Same Game v. whatever (the last one)
>THE NEW SHELL!!!!!!! (plus have you picked out a name?)
>===========
>FEEDBACK
>===========
>Although I am thinking about starting galaga, I am not planning on giving up
>pong-- should I make it into breakout or pong like the 85 has it. Also has
>anybody answered my ROM_CALL(D_HL_DECI) question.
>Thanx,
>Gerad

Robert Glass  rglass@lab.Lander.edu  dash_squirrel@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/3542  http://iceweasel.home.ml.org

The SPC quote of the week:
Big Cheese offering suggestions on how to get rid of a dragon:
We could elect the dragon vice-president, that way we'd never hear from it
again.