A82: Re: Why not???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Re: Why not???

 >Good News:None   (just kidding).  What is Sooo wrong with developing some
>joint-effort library function like they've done on the ti92.  This "I am
>going to take all the credit for my game and never release source..." is a
>horrible idea, and the more united we brcome as a group, the more we can
>overcome the initial stepping stones that we are on now are start exploring
>the more challenging aspects.

I totaly agre (That is why i released GRAPH.INC, and started on SPLIB.ASM).

>My opinion, from asm programming on macs is that plain asm goes absolutely
>nowhere without good routines.  We will never get anywhere just making
games
>here and there, if they are in no way organized.  We shoult try to become a
>lot more organized, which is a task I think one of the shell developers
>should undertake.  This approach will ultimately more complex and useful
>programs.

I have actually been thinging about including fake libraries like in usgard,
this would mean that peple could use use the rutines they need from the
libs, and when someone made a new rutine that could be added to the lib.
(The usgard fake libs are not really libs, just obj files which you insert
in your program, nothing like what was included in usgard 0.95b). I have not
yet discussed this opurtunity with anyone, so it might not happen but what
do you guys think ? Would you like to have the libs ? would you release
something yourself ?

I do not think that manaing the libs would be hard to do, but soeone would
have to write all the code, and unless someone is interested in doing this
there is no point in doing it.

Dines