A82: crashes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: crashes

Let me tell you what problems I had on my TI-82 today :
I'm running OS-82 v1.1 with knight moves, marioman 1.0, tunnel, alien
1.2, Safe-T-Calc and slippy 1.1. BTW, I'm using rom version 19.0

I played slippy till level 6. Then I exited the shell and did [2nd]
[enter] several times, but only the very last entry showed up. Then I
typed in a number and hit enter. I tried [2nd] [enter] again and it
was again only that last number I typed in that I saw. I did this
some more times and I got a list of last entries again but after
typing [2nd] [enter] some more I got a MEMORY ERROR.
I decided to take a look to the available memory. I had still some
7979 bytes left. But I noticed something strange when I looked in
[2nd] [mem] delete, all. When I scrolled down the list, web took some
9224 bytes. When I kept scrolling down, the calculator hesitated a
little moment, but continued. And when I scrolled back up, the value
next to web had changed to 14120 !!!! To check, I scrolled back to
the top and did it over again : when I scrolled down : 9224 and when
I scrolled up : 14120 ! I also noticed the little hesitation was
between the last equation and the first real (Y2 and A).
Later on the day, I started the shell and left immediately. I did
[2nd] [enter] again and the MEMORY ERROR was gone but I got an entry
filled with a lot of nonsense (pages and pages of numbers and words).
Oh yeah, and my calc did not crash !! (I will reset it anyway). My
calc did crash a lot some time ago, when I just started using Oshell
and os-82. I used to try a lot of programs back then.

Some strange stuff that might be interesting to know...

Wouter Demuynck
kadem@unicall.be