Re: A82: SQRXZ 82 Survey

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: SQRXZ 82 Survey

> Okay, here are a few questions that I want some input to as to how to make
>  SQRXZ 82:
>
>  1) Should I reverse the screen when you go under water?  If so, should I
>  add a special transition block in areas where you can't see the enemies
>  that are there?

Yes, reversing the screen sounds kewl
what do you mean with the transition block?

>  2) What speeds/difficulty levels should there be?

3 speeds/3 difficulty levels but maybe have a key combination at the title
screen for more levels of speed/difficulty and have those keypresses revealed
when you beat a normal game (i.e. Kirby's Dream Land for Game Boy) and take
that part out of the source :-)

>  3) Should the secret level use chickens (buck buck buck buckaaaaw :) as
the
>  enemy?  If so, should their heads be chopped off or change into a R.I.P.
>  stone when SQRXZ squashes them.

would the R.I.P stone be an obstacle or just be in the background?  I think
making enemies into barriers would be a kewl idea
otherwise, show the head being disembodied, then turn into a small
unnoticable lump

>  4) Should I use a fade in/out feature?  If I do, I will remove part of it
>  when I release the source to the public (because of Game Wizard v2.0
secrets)
> .

fade in/out?  you mean for each level you fade in to start and fade out to
end?
if the fading has anything to do w/ contrast then leave it out
is GW 2 out?

>  5) How many lives should SQRXZ start out with?  Should his lives change
>  with the difficulty level?

I'd say 3 lives, no change
or else 6 lives on easy, 4 on medium, and 2 on hard

>  6) Should there be a way to add levels without creating a whole new game?
>  If so, give me the programmers' name and e-mail address of a game that has
>  this type of option.

yeah...do that
Bill Nagel @ penguinb@geocities.com w/ Penguins 83&86
Jason Todd @ toddlers@erinet.com (I think?) w/ Marioman OS-82

>  7) Anything else that you think would be really cool to have in SQRXZ 82!

No comment

~Adamman