Re: A82: Re: Problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Re: Problems

> At 08:59 PM 9/14/97 +0200, you wrote:
>  >If the problem is badly written programs we need to find out which
programs
>  >causes this. I think SPAZE INVEADERS is one of them, but there are
probably
>  >mopre than one. So if the people who have had the calc crash mail me a
list
>  >with the follwoing information i could have a look at it.
>
>  I ran Spaze Invaders, beat the first level, quit to the home screen,
>  pressed 2nd+ENTER about 4 times, and, sure enough, up came some garbage,
>  about three lines of what looked like random commands and symbols.
>
>  Where is LASTENTRY located? If it at any time overlaps the 768 bytes at
>  $8228, then that's what's wrong. $8228 is used extensively in Spaze
>  Invaders, and in almost all of my other programs (which make up a majority
>  of the games released to date for Ash 3.0.)  This could be very easily
>  fixed by adding any buffers needed as .ds statements at the end of the
>  programs.
>
>  	-Andrew

hmm...this is interesting!!!  What I just did was beat the first level and
came up with the exact same results as Andy up there ^^^^^^^^.
That's weird because in a previous post I said that when I did all the levels
it didnt lock up.  I also noticed that before my calculator went crazy there
were some different things in the last entries besides the 1->[A](1,1) \
1->[B](1,1) \ prgmASH that usually is there.  I can't remember what it was
but it was a bunch of numbers or something.
I don't thing the problem is that the lastentry buffer overlaps to $8228, but
that $8228 somehow overlapped to the lastentry buffer, which is at $8555, not
long after $8528 which is the end of the apd buffer
Make sure that Spaze uses the correct address

~Adamman