A82: Is A Symbolic Editor Possible?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Is A Symbolic Editor Possible?

 Being thrust into my calculus class quite unprepared and still thinking of
summer, I can't remember how to do simple rearrangement of an expression (I
can, but I'm lazy).  Which brings me to this question:  Is a symbolic editor
possible, such as Pretty Print or like the HP-48GX, in assembly or basic on
82 or 85?  Almost anyone in math would benefit from this type of program.
I'm curious how much code it would have to take, because you obviously have
to code in all algebra rules.  How do programs (i.e. Mathematica and Pretty
Print) keep track of the different variables, exponents, coefficients, etc?

-Ben B.