Re: A82: Checksums and modules

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 11:26 AM 10/22/97 +0200, you wrote:
>To create,delete,resize variables you need to use the biuld in function
>(like on the ti85). I have not tested them with Ash, but they might work
>(try it), they will not work with OS82.

Where are the built in functions in ROM?  Do I need to subtract $1A from
the address given for ROM 18.0 or not?  Also, what does the 82 header look
like?

>>BTW, can anyone give me a list of compression algorithms that have been
>>used for the 82 (and how well they do it)?  My best algorithm can currently
>>compress 50 bytes (SQRXZ world) down to 11 bytes (78% compression) using
>>PCX bitmap style compression.
>
>When this was discussed on list-zshell awhile ago, two algorithmes where
>tried (bith intended to be used with BW pictures).

However, B&W pics are not what I want to compress.  A SQRXZ world (not
pics) is what I want to compress.  Has anybody come up with an algorithm
that does better compression than the PCX format?  TIA

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org