Re: A82: ASM Edit on calc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: ASM Edit on calc

At 05:20 PM 10/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>At 03:57 PM 10/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>I have found a way to edit ASM games on the calc!!!  I was just doing
>>stuff with MemEdit82 v1.0 and I found the GW Tester v.1.0 and I changed
>>the Title from
>It's been *possible* to do this, the argument against it was that it wasn't
>practicle.  Mostly because you'd have to reinstall Ash or OShell every time
>you crashed the calc.

Actually, I have a prototype for such an editor (i.e. no code, just ideas).
 I just don't have the time right now to make it.  I have many ideas for
the actual program, such as an interpreter to prevent crashes, the actual
editor, password protection of programs, etc.  If you prevent crashing the
calc with an interpreter (no matter how slow, most people will find it has
many advantages in the long run), it becomes quite practical and in fact,
programming Z80 ASM in school is then possible.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org