Re: A82: universal calc issues

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Christopher Kalos wrote:

> I'm working on XCalc, an OS to run the entire link-enabled TI8x series.  It will include a universal code system that will eliminate the need for recompilation
>         The bytecode issue involves using only z80 opcodes and library calls, and we might toss in program relocation in order to facilitate the system.  To to
>         I've already established that ROM calls will be used, but only through a library, and the screen size issue should be handled soon.
>         Before you all laugh, there are 4 of us working on this, so it might be do-able.
nistrator

Good luck! the screen size and tremendous diffrences in rom of the
82/83/85/86 will be impossible to overcome.  Sure, a tic-tac-toe game
may be easily made in this OS, but when it come to more complicated
stuff like mario, penguins, sqrz, spaze invaders etc.. the difrences are
just too much. Why not make one just to do 82<->83 and 85<->86. This
would be much easier and then the screen size won't matter.

Follow-Ups: References: