Re: A82: Crashes!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Crashes!!!!!

The TI-OS already takes care of defragmenting the ram, so there is no need
to make a program which does that. Another problem with making a program
is that we do not know enough about how the ram is managed to defragment
the ram (things like split stack memory manegment has not been described
ver well yet).

The reason that the calcs get slower when the ram is almost full is that
ever time the ram is accesed the variables are moved from one location to
another. When you have alot of things in your ram the calc has to move a
lot of data, which means a longer delay. I am currently looking into how
the InpSt is working on the TI85 and i found out that the calc is probably
moving the vars a lot more than we thought it did. It seems like that it
might even use split stack memory management when getting imput with the
normal keyboard+input handler.

Dines

Dines Justesen
Email: dines@post1.com or