A82: Rom dumps and hacking 82 files

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Rom dumps and hacking 82 files

After hearing about hex editors and all I decided to download a couple
my self (mac) I tried them out and it surprised me how easy it was to
view and edit things. So I immediatly went back and read all of
ProfZoom's articles on hacking into the 82. (By the way, please write
more that deal with asm and shells!!) Those articles cleared up a few
things and made some sense to all those numbers. But In them it mentions
an article on getting a rom dump. so does ANYBODY HAVE A FILE THAT SHOWS
HOW TO GO ABOUT GETTING A ROM DUMP? and WHAT FILES ARE THERE THAT
EXPLAIN HOW ASSEMBLY SHELLS ARE MADE? IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE SEND THEM
TO ME!!  Don't worry, I am not trying to make a shell, I just want to
see how things are done, and what can be done with a hex editor. Now
speaking of hex editors, what things can be done that haven't? Or what
would be cool to do with a hex editor? And is there a version of FIX.com
for the mac?