Re: A82: Avalanche 1.0 for Ash 3.0 bug or secret

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Avalanche 1.0 for Ash 3.0 bug or secret

How did you implement it ? Do you move the bytes or do you use hardware
scrolling ?

Dines

_______________________________________

Dines Justesen
Email: dines@post1.com or
       c958362@student.dtu.dk
WWW  : http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c958362/
_______________________________________

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Thomas J. Hruska wrote:

> At 06:25 PM 11/24/97 -0600, you wrote:
> <snip>
> >around thanksgiving so I might not get the chance to work on it. But I
> >have a question to ask you asm programmers: I want the screen to "shake"
> >when you play but haven't figured out how. Could somebody please tell me
> >how this could be accomplished? I remember DINES talking about screen
> >scrooling and KURAI's dying eyes battle demo shakes when you get hit, so
> >if any of you two could help me out I would appreciate it.
> >~Ilya
>
> How about my scrolling routines in my Development Kit?  All you really need
> to do is call the scrolling routines a few times (maybe at random) and then
> display the screen, then restore it and do it again.  Should produce the
> shaking effect nicely.
>

>                  Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
> Shining Light Productions -- "Meeting the needs of fellow programmers"
>          http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8504
>                     http://shinelight.home.ml.org
>
>   Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
>   Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
>   to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.

Follow-Ups: References: