A82: Re: How to keep high scores

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Re: How to keep high scores

Thanks for the help, but I am a beginning asm programmer and I was
hoping you or someone could translate this into layman's terms, and
maybe if you've got time give me an example. Thanks.

---Robert Glass <rglass@lander.edu> wrote:

> To keep high scores you can define a variable and use it (and hope
no other prog
> uses that variable), or you can make a self-modifying program.  You
know that inAsh when you run a program another copy of it is made at
the base of memory.  So
> you have to look in the VAT to find where the other copy of your
program ister doing this you go to your program and go however far you
have to to get to the variables.  It would be best to do this at the
beginning of the program and store the address in a
> temporary pointer variable (maybe in text mem) and use this to
access the variale that you need.  In the copy of the program that is
being run this would be worthless of itself, so you may want to use
this as a temporary variable as well