Re: A82: Assembly programmers? where?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Assembly programmers? where?

> I don't know that much programming, but I can't see why you couln't limit
>  the amount of space the editor would use? You could a least reserve som
>  space in the program, and use it for the text/data. You don't necessarily
>  have write complete essays at the calc.
>  And I don't understand why you have to make a program in C, just to
display
>  the text. It would be easy to use the capital letters in the calc, and
make
>  a program on the pc (or mac), which would translate to lowercase. If you
>  decide to include lowercase, couldn't the text be some sprites or
something
>  similar?

no, he meant a C program on the PC or Mac to translate the .82P file to a
.txt (the one in the G-Link software uses TI's tokenizing).
It would be very easy to make this, and it wouldn't take up tons of mem.
 It's my guess that you can make a good program with full ASCII with about
(?) 1K.  I don't really know, but I plan to make one (after LitesOut and
releasing my "secret" :-) project [that's allowed isn't it?] ).  As for
Gerad, you just have to have it say "memory full" when it is full :-P.  And
it would create a new .82P file for each text.
And there *IS* a qwerty keyboard on the calc (figure it out...).
just wait a few weeks and I'll release a text editor.  Then on to Dr. Mario
for me.

~Adamman