Re: A82:A Program Coming Soon

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82:A Program Coming Soon

At 10:56 PM 11/10/97 EST, you wrote:
>Okay, I usually do run with the extensions on.  For someone who wants
>them off it is easy to see.  Also, if you have a program called, for
>example, MontyPtn.82P written in basic, how would you tell it apart from
>ASM? Other than putting it in different directories.  Basically, it is an
>Obsessive/Compulsive/Anal retentive way of writing program versions that
>easily show more information than an arcane filename and extension could.
> Because it shows more than the calculator, it shows name, calculator,
>version and language.  I feel most people are either very helpful
>(Thanks.) or just missing the easy referenciality (is that a word, ease
>of referencing?)  of this way of naming files.

Maybe it is obsessive/compulsive/anal, but it makes it easier to identify than
(first 6 letters)~?.whatever when you are constantly swapping between DOS,
Win95, and WinNT.  For my job I use all 3 and WFW, for myself I stick to NT for
the net and DOS for everything else.  Many other people here also do that.
8.3 won't be completely dead for a loooong time.

Robert Glass  rglass@lab.Lander.edu  dash_squirrel@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/3542  http://iceweasel.home.ml.org

The SPC quote of the week:
Polly after Bad Bird claims victory:
We spoke to the producer, there's plenty of time left in the episode!