Re: A82: ASH <-> OShell (Info.)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: ASH <-> OShell (Info.)

At 09:23 PM 7/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
>hmm... maybe I'm a bit dumb here, but what is clipping?  and give a
>description of what a transparent sprite would look like.
>btw, if you use FIND_PIXEL more than once in your routine, no one will use
>it.
>just a thought,
>
>~Adamman

I don't use FIND_PIXEL at all (its a slow routine in the first place)!  I
use a specially designed routine that just adjusts a and hl according to
(b,c) and I only use it once (in other words...run only the code you need
and do it only once)!  Clipping means just what it sounds like...it "cuts"
off sections of the image you specify.  A transparent sprite means that you
can see through it.  A non-transparent sprite means that you won't be able
to see the background behind it.

The only disadvantage to this routine is that the clipping section uses 4
bytes of secondary text memory (I think I can get it down to two though).

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org