A82: Brand New MacASM82 version 2.0- It's faster

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Brand New MacASM82 version 2.0- It's faster

Hello, Mac friends. I just completely reprogrammed MacASM82 since 10:00AM this
morning. I kept one goal in mind...SPEED. AppleScript was just too slow on
some of the slower Macs (although my 300Mhz Mac runs this fine, I doubt you
have a Mac as fast). So, it now contains three separate programs, two of which
are scripts. I condensed the checksum calculation (which took a long time)
into its private program so it takes a second instead of three minutes on a
33Mhz Mac. However, you need to run a script that tells you a piece of
information in order to use the program, and the partial checksum it gives you
is then used as a shortcut data item in the third, and final program. For a
more confusing description, read the readme (or ask me yourself).

Once again, if you want this new version, send me a private message and I'll
be glad to give it to you. (and when I do, please spread it around again...).

Hope I could help, and sorry for the confusion,
Matt Stack