Re: A82: Mac Assembler Coming (now HAL)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Mac Assembler Coming (now HAL)

>Finally, I just discovered the higher level compiler called HAL.  To my
>surprise, what I've read on their pages looks extremely promising.  I
would
>like some information on this from someone who has actually used this
progam,
>if possible.

HAL has been around for a long time (I first heard of it on list-zshell
(now A85)), I as far as I know no one has used it to make any big programs
yet. I have never tried HAL my self, but from what I have heard it does
not sound very useful (at least not yet). Someone started to write a
language specifically for Usgard, called USUL, and it sounds very
promising but I do not know how well it works (and someone would have to
make a lot of changes to make it work on the TI82). The promising compiler
I have seen is the Small C compiler for the TI85, which enables you to
write programs in C and compile them to 85s files. I have looked at the
source for this compiler and it should not be hard to make a TI82 version
if someone wants too.

Dines

Dines Justesen
Email: dines@post1.com or