Re: A82: Crash problems :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Crash problems :)

>I downloaded crash today to see what it was like, but unfortunatly i had a
>few problems. After having unzipped the crash zip file i tried to send all
>the 82* files to the calc, but i could only send the 82b file. When i
>tried to send the other files both of them had the name Input and the
>comment was really wierd (something like >DEGRESS >RAD egg). The link
>program (link82) then gave me an errormessage saying that it could not
>send the files. Have anyone seen this before ?

What's link82?

>It found out that the problems was that the name of the programs start
>with a small letter which is not supported by the link program made by TI.
>I then used a hexeditor to change the name to capitals, and then i had no
>problems sending the files. Is there an easier way to send the files to
>the calc then by using a hexeditor ? Which link program will i have to use
>if i want this to work ?

???  TI-82 graph link software by TI sends them for me just fine - how would
we have developed CrASH?

>After having installed Crash i continued working on my computer, and after
>almost an hour the calc was still on. Does this mean that you can not use
>APD if you use Crash ?

It's Crash to CrASH that cannot use APD.  Just don't use that and you can
have APDs.  Crash to CrASH is an optional program.

>I was also wondering why i can not use ON+Y= to start Crash when i am not
>in the homescreen. If i go to the graph screen and press ON+Y= the only
>thing which happens that i goto the Y= menu. However if i goto the
>homescreen it works.

Intentional.  Crashes under any other calculator "mode" if we coded crcrash
any differently (see crcrash.asm).  Crash to CrASH is the reason you can do
ON+Y=.  Crash to CrASH is an OPTIONAL PROGRAM.  Most people who use crash
don't seem to understand that.

You should note that we have basically worked around the "press enter" thing
in CrASH, even without Crash to CrASH.  When prgmCRASH is displayed on the
home screen, press and hold enter until CrASH loads.

-- Barubary