Re: A82: Re: Dines + the future of Ash (Update on Ash 4.0)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: Re: Dines + the future of Ash (Update on Ash 4.0)

>The changes i have planned will fix both of these problems. There are
>however several other problems with the method for relocation, which can
>not be solve without rather big changes. Moving the programs and updating
>the VAT would be no problem (i know the addrs of the functions in rom),
>but i would not solve all the problems. Therefore i would rather use the
>new method that i am working on.=20

Perhaps you can tell the list this new method?  Usgard relocation will NOT be acceptable.
 Some huge programs have too many jumps which would make them too big to even exist
on the 82.

>On the TI85 Andreas Ess and I located the build in random function, and
>this one is included in some ti85 shells. The function is rather slow, bu=
>the results a very good. I could probably find the random functions on th=
>TI82 too, but the question is wether you want this are a runtine which is
>faster.

CrASH has a small and fast one.

>I am not sure which functions CrASH includes, but i will have a look at
>them. On thing i did not like about CrASH is that you can not change the
>interrupt speed in a program. How a rutine which displays the graph mem
>should be made depends a lot on what it is used for, and if you make on
>general rutine which will work in all cases the rutine wont be that fast.
>Therefore i think that it is better not to include that function in the
>shell, and instead release the source code for a few versions which peopl=
>then can use in their games. Currently my plan is to have some rutine lik=
>that included in the Ash zip file so you can just include them when you
>need them. This will ofcorse take up a bit more room, but it is needed if
>you want fast rutines (if you dont you can use the om call).

This is the problem with turbo interrupts: THEY CANNOT BE UNDONE ONCE SET.  Notice
how ARK sets turbo and unsets it, yet CrASH's CR_GRBCopy still fails...  Turbo mode
has some permanent effects on the calculator that cannot be solved.  I don't see
why anyone would want turbo interrupts anyways, when you can make the fast key repeat
occur by setting the repeat countdown byte after a call to CR_KHAND or GET_KEY.

-- Barubary (emailing from crash account)

http://www.mailexcite.com