A82: Re: Dines + the future of Ash (Update on Ash 4.0)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A82: Re: Dines + the future of Ash (Update on Ash 4.0)

The changes i have planned will fix both of these problems. There are
however several other problems with the method for relocation, which can
not be solve without rather big changes. Moving the programs and updating
the VAT would be no problem (i know the addrs of the functions in rom),
but i would not solve all the problems. Therefore i would rather use the
new method that i am working on.

On the TI85 Andreas Ess and I located the build in random function, and
this one is included in some ti85 shells. The function is rather slow, but
the results a very good. I could probably find the random functions on the
TI82 too, but the question is wether you want this are a runtine which is
faster.

I am not sure which functions CrASH includes, but i will have a look at
them. On thing i did not like about CrASH is that you can not change the
interrupt speed in a program. How a rutine which displays the graph mem
should be made depends a lot on what it is used for, and if you make on
general rutine which will work in all cases the rutine wont be that fast.
Therefore i think that it is better not to include that function in the
shell, and instead release the source code for a few versions which people
then can use in their games. Currently my plan is to have some rutine like
that included in the Ash zip file so you can just include them when you
need them. This will ofcorse take up a bit more room, but it is needed if
you want fast rutines (if you dont you can use the om call).

I am ofcorse trying to make Ash 4.0 as compatible with both Ash 3.0 and
CrASH as possible, but i can not garantee that you do not have to
recompile you programs. On of the main reasons for this is the support for
new rom versions.

Dines
Dines