Re: A82: OShell-82 Bug

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A82: OShell-82 Bug

Thomas J. Hruska wrote:

> Here is a bug that I've just discovered:
>
> OShell-82 (not OS-82) has a serious problem.  All the shells may or
> may not
> have it, I will release more info. if the problem pertains to any
> other
> shell.  I have ROM v18.0 and I am using OShell-82 v2.5.  If you are
> using
> this or any other shell and encounter frequent lock-ups, try the
> following
> fool-proof detection of a strange bug:
>
> 1) Turn off calc (if its on)
> 2) Turn on calc and enter shell
> 3) Immediately exit
> 4) Type 1+1 and press enter
> 5) Type 48,(6 and press enter twice
> 6) Press CLEAR
> 7) Type 89 and press enter
>
> If you followed all that, "Done" should appear or if an interrupt
> occurs as
> you press enter, it will crash.  To keep your calc from crashing, turn
> it
> off.  When you turn it back on, it will return to normal operation.

First of all, OShell-82 v2.5 is an older shell.  It is supposed to be
"replaced" by OS-82 v1.1.  I have ROM 16.0 and I get a "Done" after
completing those seven steps.  It does not crash for me however.  But
still, why would anyone type in "48,(6" on the homescreen and hit enter
twice?

--
Bryan Rabeler
brabeler@ticalc.org