Re: A82: question from a know-nothing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Matthew wrote:

> I was just wondering if there was a place for some one with Very little programming knowlage, I know TI-Basic, could go to learn how to program asm for the calcs.  I know the answer will probably be no, but I wanted to ask any ways.
>
> Thanks,
> Matthew

I'll take this opportunity to voice my suggestion in looking over Jimmy
Mardell's ZShell lessons (http://www.algonet.se/~mja -- Go to the
calculators section and find the zshell lessons).  These lessons are
geared right at ZShell, but, 82 ASM is extremely similar to zshell, so
these lessons are still of great use.  Just be catutious about what they
tell you about graphics, because the 82 is different than the 85 in
terms of the display and how to use the display.  In the assembly
sections of ticalc.org are other good guides to assembly related stuff.
One final way that i find is a great way to learn ASM is to look over
source code to other programs that do things similar to what you want
your programs to do.  "Hello World" programs are an excellent start for
reviewing source code.

Michael Bendzick
Calcbert on EFnet IRC
http://www.millcomm.com/~bendzick/ <--Homepage